Monday 28 March 2016

Retreat Projects - Part 1

Hello there and welcome to my blog today on Bank Holiday Monday. This post has been scheduled as I am spending most of the day clearing out the remains of my former craft room at home to prepare for the decorators who are coming on Wednesday to turn it into a little "snug" for us! I'll post pics after the transformation. 

Today I thought I would start to share the projects we made at last weeks Spring Retreat Days. As soon as I saw the lovely big bag made by Caroline Hallett (a fellow demonstrator) I knew I had to include them at my events. You can find the link to Caroline's design here . Thank you Caroline for allowing me to share these at my class.

At my event the ladies received a generous goody bag consisting of the Botanical Gardens stamps, dies and papers plus more accessories for decoration.  I made 2 different designs for my ladies to be inspired by and the ladies also got a bonus SAB stamp set of the Botanicals For You to be able to decorate the front of the bags.
I just realised as I typed this up that there is one of the perfect accents missing off the left handle of the bag below and it also looks like it's taken a little bit of a beating in the handle department too but other than that you get the drift of what I was trying to achieve I am sure!
 Once I had made 2 of the larger bags I decided to come up with my own measurements for a smaller version using 2 piece of 6x6 paper and you can see the 2 of them below.  We had a couple of hiccups on the day with the measurements but in the end the ladies came up with some really lovely bags and I hope they will make more at home .
 I really enjoyed making these so decided to come up with some in my favourite papers at the moment, the Birthday Bouquet papers from the current Spring Catalogue.
I will be running 3 classes on this on the 20th and 23rd April making the items above. Full details can be found on my Classes and Events page or you can check out my Facebook events page HERE

Thanks for reading today and I'll be back tomorrow, unless I get waylaid with sorting the old craft room out!
Julie
shop now
supplies

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the link to my bag and I am pleased you had fun with it x

    ReplyDelete